A gay indie boy living in suburban South West London recounts his trials and tribulations dealing with sex, sexuality, growing up and getting older

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Worst Case Scenario

They're probably three words that strike fear into a lot of people's hearts, but when you think about it, shouldn't we welcome the worst case scenario?

I don't know about you, but I constantly live in fear of losing my job. This is a completely false paranoia, and it doesn't matter if I'm doing particularly well or not, I always have it. When my boss does pick up on something bad, I feel like it's the end of the world. But what would be the worst case scenario? What if I did lose my job?

Well, I'd probably still wake up tomorrow, which can only be a good thing. I'd probably have to sign on for a few weeks or months but, again, this is probably not a bad thing; at least the support is there. And, of course, I'd have to look for a new job. But the weird thing is, in a sense, I'd feel relieved. Relieved because there's nothing worse that could happen. Once you are living the worst case scenario, it can't get any worse.

Right now I think I'd welcome that particular scenario; I need some time off, and my boss is breathing down my neck!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home